Maia the Bee- Guest Blogger

Good morning!  Today,  I am back with another guest blogger for you today!  Today, we Andrea from Maia the Bee!  She is an amazing mother to a beautiful 9 month old!  Check her out!
 
image
 
Thank you, Bonnie, for letting me make a guest appearance on your blog today!
 

Hi everyone!  My name is Andrea and I'm new to the blogging world.  You can find me HERE blogging about my adorable daughter, my new life as a SAHM, and our life overseas.  (Yup, we've lived in Germany for 4 years!)  I'm an amateur baker who loves taking pictures, traveling, and crafting.  Stop by and say hi!  I have so much planned - I can't wait to share!

 
When my friend Brittany asked if I could make Settlers of Catan cupcakes for her husband's birthday, I was excited…and scared!!  Who were the Settlers of Catan??  And how was I going to make cupcakes about them??
 
It turns out, I'm not the first to make these cupcakes.  Not even close.  Pictures of Settlers cupcakes and cookies are all over the web.  I had a lot of inspiration to draw from, seeing as I have never played the game in my life!!
 
I printed out full sized photos of both the game board and a sample set of cupcakes I found in a Google search and then I got to work coloring fondant.
 
 
I had counted 4 grassy fields, 4 hay fields, 3 mountain ranges, 4 forests, 3 with bricks, and one lone piece that looked like a chess piece.  (Brittany later told me that this is the robber piece and it sits on a desert tile.)  I decided that I didn't want just plain "grass" cupcakes…I wanted sheep too!
I always make the fondant pieces in advance.  It gives them a chance to dry and harden, and it gives me a chance to make everything and have it all ready in time!!
 
 
The cupcakes are red velvet with strawberry filling and cream cheese frosting.  I delivered them to Brittany who gave them to her husband, John, for his birthday.  Here is a picture Brittany took of John with his birthday cupcakes…
 
 
In fact, ALL of these pictures were taken by Brittany.  She is an AMAZING photographer!  Look at how beautiful this picture is…
 
 
It's even been used on Pinterest!  (We're both pretty darn excited about that!)  You can check out more of her work here.  She sells prints if you're interested in a gorgeous photo for your wall.
 
What do you guys think?  I was pretty nervous but I'm really happy with how they turned out!  And my husband and I have decided that we need to get the board game to find out what it's all about!
 
Thanks Andrea!  Please stop by her blog and follow this gal!  She is new and would love to hear from you! Smile
 
Have a great day!

Bonnie

changing-brands3222

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...