Guest Post: Ring Around the Rosies

Good morning!  I am here today with another guest blogger just in time for fall! Smile

Say hello to Jaima!

Hey, y'all! I'm Jaima, and I blog over at Ring Around the Rosies!

Ring Around the Rosies

Today, I am going to share with you an old post of mine to inspire a little Fall creativity!

Believe it or not, the leaves are turning colors and the weather is already getting crisp here in Middle Tennessee! You can find the original post here. I hope you all enjoy.

But first, I have to give Bonnie a huge "thank you" for letting me guest post today! It is kind of unbelievable, actually. I don't remember where I first saw the idea, but in prepping for the cooler Fall weather, I decided to do a little decorating today!

I took this...

 

P7121969
(sorry it’s blurry, I forgot to take an actual “before” picture, so I had to take this one I took a few months ago when we had our condo for sale)

…and turned it into this…

How’d I do it?

I simply spray painted the flower pot with Rustoleum’s flat black paint. 

For the pumpkin, I decided what font I wanted using plain ol' Microsoft Word and printed it out.

Then I traced it on to wax paper and cut out the “S” with an exacto knife. I taped the paper to the pumpkin and simply spray painted it.

Next time, I will definitely hand paint the letter on, because as you can see, the spray paint ran a little. There's many ways you could do this though. I bought the pumpkin with a 40% off Michael's coupon. This way, I can pull it out year after year, but you could definitely use a real pumpkin too.

P9152544But, I must admit that overall, I really love the new look!

What do you think???

Thanks again to Bonnie!

Please stop by my blog and say hello sometime! 

Thanks so much Jaima!!  What a cute and simple idea!! Smile

Thanks so much for sharing!

Please stop by her blog today and let her know that I sent you!

Have a great day!

Bonnie

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...