Fall Cleaning Schedule: Do you have one?

I wrote this last year and received great feedback so I thought that I would post it again! :

Fall is almost here!!!

I am soooo excited because I LOVE it! 

I love the leaves, the cool crisp air, the apples, the chili, the pumpkins and the decorating!!!

image

 Another thing that I love is a fresh, clean house!

I showed you my spring cleaning schedule here and now I am going to show you my fall cleaning schedule.

image

Here is my list:

INSIDE THE HOUSE

Wash all windows.. Pick a cloudy day so you can better see any streaks.   I make my own glass cleaner or less than a penny per gallon with Basic H.

Vacuum dusty canvas, cotton, and treated fabric blinds. Use a low setting with a brush attachment. Vinyl shades can be wiped down with a dampened microfiber cloth if they need a little more attention.

Moderately dirty window treatments need a two-step approach. Start by dusting or vacuuming the valance and frame, then vacuum from top to bottom using the upholstery attachment for drapes, and the brush attachment for blinds. Or submerge blinds or shades in a few inches of cool water and two teaspoons of dishwashing liquid (check labels first to make sure this is safe). Take out the metal weights first; they can rust.

If your window coverings are very dirty, check labels for cleaning instructions. Some cotton, polyester, rayon, and wool drapes can be machine washed on delicate. Always send lace, linen, satin, and silk drapes and shades to a professional cleaner.

Clean the walls. Dust, wash, rinse, and dry painted or wood-paneled walls. I wash mine with Basic H all purpose solution.

Clean ceiling-mounted light fixtures.

Vacuum and spot-clean upholstered furniture and cushions. Deep-clean if necessary.

Wipe down the kitchen cupboards. Empty them, wash them down, replace liners (if you use them), declutter, and reorganize.

Dust off the refrigerator condenser coil. Use your vacuum’s brush attachment and gently vacuum it.

Clean the carpets. I use Basic H to clean, Nature Bright to brighten your carpet (if needed) and Basic G to disinfect.  I sometimes add essential oils for a fresh scent.  These are all safe and non-toxic choices.  Carpet cleaners are very dangerous.

Evaluate any wooden floors. Have scratched or dull wood floors professionally scuff-sanded and recoated, or completely refinished. I use a furniture marker on the scratches.

Spruce up your computer. Dust the CPU, clean and wipe down the keyboard, and dust off the monitor with a microfiber cloth.

Straighten the closets. De-clutter and reorganize.  Store away seasonal clothing.

Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Or install them, if you haven’t yet.

Replace the furnace filter. If you haven’t changed your furnace filter within the past three months, do so now.

Sweep the chimneys. Have the wood-burning fireplace and stove flues and chimneys professionally inspected and swept.

De-clutter and clean out the attic

 

image

OUTSIDE THE HOUSE

Check weather stripping and caulking around doors and windows. Repair or replace as needed.

Check and clean the gutters. Do the downspouts, too.

Clean the patio furniture. Then store away.

Drain and store garden hoses.

Check the exterior paint. Touch up as needed.

Clean out your garage.

Clean out your vehicle.

Pressure wash the houseI use Basic H and it is amazing at getting off bugs.

Drain the pool, if applicable. Close it up for the year.

You can download a FREE copy here!

Fall Cleaning Schedule

If you are using this schedule, I would love for you to use this button! Smile 

FALLCLEANING

Please shop online Shaklee site for all you FALL CLEANING supplies!

Did you start your fall cleaning yet? 

CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW I MIX BASIC H!!!  {It’s a video}

Happy Cleaning!

Bonnie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...