I Love Fall {Casa Bella}

Today, I am proud to have Casa Bella here today!  She will be sharing some simple, inexpensive fall décor with us.
Enjoy…
I love Fall!
The leaves, the smells, the crisp air, who doesn't?  Today my girls and I went outside for a little while even though my Bella has a cough and slight cold. Some may think staying inside is best, but I think the vitamin D she got will help her immune system and get her feeling good again sooner!  So we went out on this beautiful day, and it just felt so goooooood!!!!!!!
 
If you come into my house, you will know immediately that I love Fall. (I will show you pictures of our main living area soon, but I didn't get to write this until later, and there is not enough light to show you pictures).  The paint colors, sunset and sauteed mushroom are some of our choices. I know orange isn't for everyone, but to me it is a happy color, and I splash it around here and there. 
Here is a sneak peak of my Dining room.
 
One thing I love about Fall is making some crafts.  We have all seen super pricey Michael's arrangements like these. They seem to be around $40-$50. Pretty expensive to me when I know I can make one.
 

Last year, I made these...
 
To make them, you want to start out with those carvable pumpkins we have all seen at the craft stores.  Use a coupon, or get them now since most stores have them on sale! I used orange, but in part two of this post, I will be making a white one that is different from this.  I used artificial picks, but you could use fresh flowers, or vegetables, or whatever you can think of. I will probably make one with fresh ingredients for Thanksgiving, since I will be hosting. 
Once you carve a circle and remove the top, you can hot glue a cube of craft foam inside. I have even seen these at Dollar tree, so no need to spend any more than $1.  This is the fun part!  I used picks from both the Dollar tree and Walmart, but you can get some on sale at Michael's, AC Moore, Hobby Lobby, or whatever craft store is near you.  I also used some artificial mums, and cattails,  and some sparkly pears. 
This is how it looks on the shelves I have on either side of the fire place.
You can play with the height and how full you want them, but I think they really make a nice display.  Hope you try it!  Send me pics of yours when you make one, I'd love to see it.
I also made these napkin rings last year. These are actually made from toilet paper and paper towel rolls! I cut them and glued scrapbook paper around them. Next, I simply glued on a leaf embellishments. I have some acorns, some leaves, and some pumpkin ones.
 
This is how they look on the table.
 
Finally, here is a piece of Fall artwork you can easily make reusing old magazines and catalogs.  For this particular one I used a Viva Terra catalog, because I just loved the textures and colors. I thought it was a nice study of natural materials.  To make this, I glued a square of the whatever scraps I had to a piece of the same size cardboard. I arranged them in rows of three, so I would have a total of nine.  The cardboard gives it depth.  I then glued all my pieces to a piece of green cardstock, and bought a matted frame at Michael's for $5.  Inexpensive and eco-friendly!
I hope you try some of these.  Please send me pictures, I would love to see your style!
Do you like crafts? Do you reuse what you already have?
Thanks Erin!!
Please go check out her blog and follow it! Smile
Enjoy your Friday.
Are you doing anything neat this weekend?
Are you dressing up for Halloween?  What are you being?
Have a great day!

Bonnie

Don’t forget to sign up for the Healthiest Loser Challenge today!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...