Guest Post {At Home With K}

Hello, today we have a another guest blogger!  Kindra from At Home With K is here today with a cute project!  
 
Check it out…
 
Hi I'm Kindra from At Home With K. I'm so excited to be guest posting over here at House of Grace!
 
Today I'll be showing you a fun and easy project that you can whip up in no time!
 
I love all the wood plank frames that I have been seeing all over the Internet. But they can be quite pricey! Some over $50! Ouch. So I thought I would make my own for next to nothing.
 
 
I cut 3 equal length 1x3's that I already had in my wood stash. Before I assembled the frame, I went ahead and painted them the colors of my choice. I used cream and seaside.
 
 
After they were dry, I attached all 3 pieces from the back with 2 pieces of lathe. I screwed them into each board to properly secure.
 
 
I sanded down the edges and all over for the nice distressed look. I then applied Early American MinWax Stain to richin' up the color a little.
 
 
I painted a clothespin black then I applied a small piece of scrapbook paper to the front with modge podge. When it was dry, I sanded the edges and used some ink to darken the edges.
 
I then attached a clothespin to the middle piece of plank with a screw. There was already a hole in the actual clothespin. If you find that difficult, then Gorilla Glue will work good, too.
 
 
And now I have a fun mini plank frame to display a favorite photo, print or kid's art!
 
 
Thanks again Bonnie for having me guest post today!
 
You can check out other easy projects over at my blog, At Home With K!
 
Thanks so much Kindra! Smile  Great post.  Please go check out her blog for other helpful ideas!
 
Have a great day!
 
Bonnie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...