Harvest Grain Blend Shrimp Salad and Mystery Soup

 

Here are a couple more recipes that I made this week.

The first one is one of my favorite and easiest salads.  I brought this to a party this weekend.  I got this recipe from my favorite store, Trader Joes.

Harvest Grain Blend Shrimp Salad

Here are the ingredients.

2010 04 24_2949

1 package of the Harvest Grains Blend  mix

1 bag of frozen Fire Roasted Bell Peppers and Onions

1 bottle of Balsamic Vinaigrette

1 package medium cooked Shrimp with tails off (can be omitted or substituted with chicken or pork)

green onions (to taste, I like a lot)

First I make the grains according to package, then I throw the rest in and mix.  That’s IT!!!!

It can be served warm or cold.

2010 04 25_2776

Mystery Soup

This next recipe is kind of a made weird made made-up one is really tasty!

When I was shopping at a local Mexican grocery store by my mom’s house, I found this package.  I was not sure what to do with it…..I was thinking soup.

2010 04 23_2730

I took the package apart and this is what I found.

2010 04 22_2755

Cauliflower

Cabbage

Green Beans

Carrots

Corn

Zucchini

Limes

Celery

Cilantro

Potatoes

A mystery item (not sure what it is)

I just put it all the my food processor and added garlic, salt pepper and homemade chicken broth and cooked it until done.

Yummmmmy!!!!  It turned out great!!!  I would of never of thought to mix those items together and it was great!

I will defiantly be making this again. (Especially because I bought two packages of this, lol.)

2010 04 23_2735

Both of these meals were so easy, tasty and healthy!!!!

Have you ever tried anything like this before?

Have a great week and don’t forget to enter my EARTH DAY GIVEAWAY!!!! It ends tomorrow at noon!

Please visit my online Shaklee site.

Linking to these PARTIES!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...