How to Organize your Files

Welcome to Week 9 of our Organize your Life series!

Organize your LIFE

 

If you are just joining in, please link up your blog here so we can all help motivate each other!

I am reading and using the book called, Organize Now! by Jennifer Ford Berry, to help me organize my life! :)

2011 03 09_2939

This week is Organizing Your Files! 

 2011 03 09_2926  

Here is how I organize my files!

file

I have an easy 3 step process.

Step 1.

Kitchen File Holder

2011 03 14_3050

I put all mail, bills, paper and receipts in my file holder that I keep in my kitchen.  I love using this holder so I don’t have to look and see any papers around the house.  The only paper that I want to see are my schedules are pictures that the kids drew me.  Everything else in ugly and stressful!

Step 2.

File in System #2

I go through everything in my kitchen holder.  (This usually happens once a week so things don’t get out of control.)  I empty the files and place the papers into piles.  Then I pay all the bills online and take care of anything that needs to be done.  After that, I file everything into the correct file in my cabinet.  I do this right away so I know what I paid.

I have every file labeled accordingly to it’s subject.

file

The labels really keep things looking clean and organized! (yes, there is a spelling error, ha!)

files

This is my first filing system.  (Cute, huh?)

2010 08 25_8724

Step 3.

File in System #3

At the end on the year, I go through my files and get ready for tax season.  Everything else gets shredded or goes into my file cabinet in the basement (system #3) for 3 years or until I don’t need it anymore.  I also keep a file for every appliance, manual, etc.

 

7 TIPS FOR KEEPING AN ORGANIZED SYSTEM

1. Shred and recycle when possible.- Do you really need to keep everything?

2. Use a filing system that makes other office chores easier, not harder.- use something simple that works for you.

3. Think before you file.- file logically

5. Keep your “first” filing system close and convenient.- Mine is on my main level.

6. File as you go.- I try to file once a week.

7. Be specific with files- That makes it easier to find something later

2011 03 09_2927

Make sure you check out Organize Now!

You can buy it here!

PAST POSTS!!!

 

To read the 1st week’s post, on Organizing your Mind, click HERE!

To read the 2nd week’s post, on Organizing your Schedule, click HERE!

To read the 3rd week’s post, on Organizing your Cleaning Schedule, click HERE!

To read the 4th week’s post, on Organizing your Priorities, click HERE!

To read the 5th week’s post, on Organizing your Personal Information, click HERE!

To read the 6th week’s post on Organizing your Finances, click HERE!

To read the 7th week’s post on Organizing your Bill-Paying, click HERE!

To read the 7th week’s post on Organizing your Receipts, click HERE!

Please grab a button and follow this blog if you are linking up!

 

Organize your life

How do you organize your files?

Are they organized?

Do you use a system?

Please link up your Filing System BELOW!

Have a great day! :)

Bonnie

alt

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...