My Children’s Chore Chart

2010 01 12_2358

We are officially starting school this week!  I am exciting and nervous at the same time.  I have all of our books, materials and schedules ready….so why am I nervous?  Because that means I need to kick myself into high gear for the next 9 months, lol!

I love that I  am going to home school my kids. We choose to do this for many reasons and I believe that it is right decision for our family at least at this time.  We will take it one year at a time.  Many people don’t know this, but I was homeschooled for 3 years.  I went to public school from Pre-K until 6th grade until my mom decided to home school all of us.  I was only homeschooled for 3 years until my mom and dad decided that I would go to high school.  My mom continues to home schools my siblings even for high school so I am used to the whole homeschooling lifestyle and have experience with it.

In the next couple of weeks I thought that I would try to show you all my personal schedules and  daily routines.  I may have to tweak things after we actually get started on school but I believe the kids and I have better days when we are scheduled.  I schedule meals, naps, bed, reading, crafts, etc.

Today I am going to show you our simple kid’s chore chart.  This is actually new to us because my kids are still young but I do believe that starting children young with some housework is a great way for them to learn many life skills.   Plus, they feel great when they achieve their tasks and let’s face it, it helps me out, lol!

When my kids complete all of their chores they get a star!  I know, I can’t believe they still like stars, lol!  I am sure I will have to upgrade to something else soon but I am not going to try to mess anything up right now!

Here is the simple chart that we are using.  I got it from word office online.  You can download it here if you want to use it too!

Kid Chart

Do your kids do chores?

Do you use a children’s chore sheet?

Do you reward them with something?

I hope that you have a great week!

Bonnie :)

Linking to these parties!

Check out the WORLD’S BEST children's vitamins.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...