Homemade Barrettes

This weekend I decided to make some barrettes with Grace.  I was motivated when I saw my 1o year old sister making them by herself.  I was amazed!!!!  I thought if she can do it, hopefully I can too. 
2010 03 21_1761
So, I decided to get together everything that I thought I might use.  I went through my old scrapbooking items and found a lot of flower petals that my sister gave me and I found some ribbon and other frilly things from around the house.  My sister-in-law gave me some of her barrettes.   I didn’t want to buy anything new yet because I didn’t know how I would do or if they would turn out.
This is what I found.
2010 03 21_1734
All of those petals are from silk flowers that my sister took apart.  Clever, huh?
I already had this glue gun and sticks.
2010 03 21_1735
This is how I made the first one.  My first ever!!!
barrette 1 Picnik collage
My 6 step barrette:
1. Get barrette
2. Cut  ribbon
3. Hot glue ribbon to barrette
4. Hot glue the first layer of flower
5. Add second layer
6. Add a center piece
Then Enjoy!!!!
2010 03 21_1743 grace 2010 03 21_1744 grace
Here is my second barrette:
barrette 2 Picnik collage
My 7 step barrette:
1. Get barrette
2. Cut  ribbon and add nail clear nail polish to ends (I forgot to do it with the first one)
3. Hot glue ribbon to barrette
4. Hot glue the first layer of flower
5. Add second layer
6. Add third layer
7. Add a center piece
Again, enjoy!!!
2010 03 21_1751 Grace
I was having so much fun that I made one more.  (I would of kept going but I only had a short block of time)
barrette 3 Picnik collage
My 5 step barrette:
1. Get barrette
2. Cut  ribbon and add polish to ends
3. Hot glue ribbon to barrette
4. Hot glue the rose to barrette (I just found that rose around the house, it might of fallen off one of her sweaters. I am not really sure, but it was cute!)
Again, Grace loved it!!!!
Picnik collage grace 3
Even though I only made 3 so far, I am hooked!!!!  I can’t wait until I can make more.  It’s kind of addicting!  And it is SOOOO EASY to make.  It actually took me more time to write this post than to make them. hee hee!  Once I make more,  I will post the final product! 
I hope this will inspire you to make them!!!  Good Luck!!!
I hope that you had a great weekend!
Bonnie :)
Please visit my online Shaklee site:



I am linking this to…
It's So Very Cheri: Its So Very Creative
The Persimmon Perch: Make it Mondays
Little Red House: Mosaic Monday
Keeping it Simple: Motivate Me Monday
DIY Project Parade: DIY Show-off
Weekend Wrap Up Party: Tatertots and Jello
A Soft Place to Land: DIY Day
Made by You Monday: Skip to my Lou
A Silly Little Sparrow: Toot Your Horn Tuesday

Somewhat Simple: Strut Your Stuff Thursday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...